Some Very funny research findings appearing daily in Science & Tech page of “The Times of India”
- Before dog, fox was man’s best friend.
- Model for Monalisa may have been a man.
- Keep smartphone away to be wrinkle free.
- Zapping brain brings out genius in you.
- Coffee boosts women’s brain but scambles men’s.
- Dogs can tell about bowel cancer.
Smartphones have become in an indispensable accessory for the modern day life. It can perform so many tasks in addition to the original functions of making calls and SMS. Now it can make photos and videos , financial transactions, browse the internet, mail. In contrast to the personal computer, mobile phones do most of these chores using Apps. It also holds the personal information of the owner.
Hackers can send you malicious code hidden inside the innocuous looking videos or email and acquire the complete access to the private sensitive information. It happened recently and victim was not none other than the Jeff Bezos. A malware was sent to him hidden in a video message in Whatsapp allegedly by Saudi Arabian prince Mohammed bin Salman. Hackers were able to break into his phone and copied his sensitive information for blackmail.
Some suggestions about keeping the mobile info safe:
1. Keep system’s OS upto date.
2. Caution when opening videos or documents from unknown persons.
3. Install antivirus
4. Download apps only from app store
5. Backup data regularly
There are always pros and cons in the use of many things. Like drinking water. How much is optimum? There are so many answers to it. Some say one should drink 8 glass daily while some say that body itself will tell you when you need to have water. But one thing has been established beyond doubt that drinking water is good for health.
Similarly, there are many schools of thought about Smartphones. Now there are some theories about how to keep our smartphone in good health.
Following are Seven observations which are nowadays considered myths.
- Task killers help speed up the smartphone.
- Overcharging damages the phone battery. (Except heating the machine if kept covered)
- Only use charger that comes with it.
- More megapixels translate into better quality images and videos.
- Multi core processor smartphones are faster.
- Scratch guards are necessary to avoid scratches on screen.
- Android phones are packed with viruses and malawares