Some Very funny research findings appearing daily in Science & Tech page of “The Times of India”
- Before dog, fox was man’s best friend.
- Model for Monalisa may have been a man.
- Keep smartphone away to be wrinkle free.
- Zapping brain brings out genius in you.
- Coffee boosts women’s brain but scambles men’s.
- Dogs can tell about bowel cancer.
There is a Narcissus in All of Us: More or Less
Narcissus or Narkissos was a youth of exceptional beauty and due to vanity became exceptionally proud and disdained others. When Goddess Nemesis saw this, she attracted the Narcissus to a pool of clear water. He saw his reflection in the water and fell in love with his own image. He did not left the pool and died.
The word narcissism is derived from him and means excessive self love. There is less or more narcissus in all of us. To a degree it is essential for self keep up. But many of us have it in larger measure and keep admiring their own pictures.