Here are some great players from the cricketing world who did great despite their physical disabilities. They defeated their disabilities with determination. Cricketers who defeated their disabilities.
- Tony Grieg: Epilepsy afflicted this great all-rounder at the age of 12 due to an accident.
- Jonty Rhodes: From South Africa had mild epilepsy as a kid.
- Shoaib Akhtar: Called the Rawalpindi Express, he was the fast bowler from Pakistan. He has Flat feet and hyperextension in joints causing swelling in knees.
- Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi: Indian Captain lost his eye in a car accident at 20 years.
- Bhagwath Chandrasekhar: Chandrasekhar was an unorthodox leg spinner. Many batsmen couldn’t understand his leg spinners. This typical action was developed due to a withered right arm which was caused by polio.
- Len Hutton: He was injured during World War Second. After operations had asymmetrical arms.
- Martin Guptill: Martin Guptill is an opening batsman from New Zealand. He lost three toes on his left foot in an accident at the age of 13 but he is playing despite this handicap for 11 years.