DNA Decoding Sheds Light on Neanderthal Life
DNA decoding is a powerful technique. It is a molecular level investigation tool about the life. It has helped the life scientists to say with confidence that at the molecular level, all life is identical to 99.9%. The remaining 0.1 % is all which is responsible for the vivid diversity of life.
According to one report, Neanderthals, our distant cousins, used natural drugs to alleviate the pain and diseases. 50000 years ago, they were depending on the natural cures. The ancient fossil of jaw had been studied genetically and it has been found that genetic material collected from the plaque of teeth belonged to oral bacteria and leaf pieces of medicinal compounds.
They have found methanobrevibactor which indicates abscess. These bacteria damage the teeth and cause severe pain.
Also DNA material belonging to the bacteria Enterocytozoon bieneusi. These are intestinal bacteria and cause diarrhoea.
Populus trichocarpa Popolar tree pieces which contain salicylic acid which is an ingredient of aspirin the pain killer. It would have been effective against the pain in abscess.
Penicillium rubens are food fungus and source of medical penicillin. This natural antibiotic would have been effective against gut parasites.
Most of the material has been published in the Times of India newspaper.