Almost in every news paper, a page is devoted to the current research and studies being carried out all over the world. Many of these findings are very funny and evoke the laughter. The titles of these new items are even more jocular.
Often as you go through such news, it shall elaborate that study was carried out by a team of researchers from such and such university on 100 or so people. Any person with a moderate knowledge of science and having a logical mind will immediately know about the flimsy claims in these trivial studies.
But these have a positive side also. They provide us with something to laugh about, something which tickles our ribs and help bringing down the tension. These studies instead of calling the scientific studies should be called jokes and humor.
I don’t know who provides the money for such frivolous projects. After all everyone is not Newton or Einstein but at least some logic is expected from the scientific endeavors.
You must have read about the studies claiming to prove the Einstein wrong and report that they had found particles travelling faster than light. After a few days, another group reported that Einstein is still correct and the findings reported are not correct.
Below are some rib tickling headlines.
- Dark secret: gorge on chocolates to stay slim. Study finds daily consumers thinner than others.
- Gel that can stop beard growth.
- Life begins at 30. Fun time: we are happiest at 33.
- Fatty diet makes brain cells fat too.
- Watch what you wear. Girls in skimpy clothes judged as less competent.
- Cup of hope. Want baby? Drink 2 cups of tea daily. Beverage ups pregnancy chances by 27%
- Brain size linked to how many friends you have.
- Dream date? Women fantasize more about sex when they are most fertile
- Devil wears prada? No way
- Women make better bosses than men.
- Bald and beautiful. Protein find raises hope of baldness cure
- Silence please. Man-made noise stunts plant growth
- Shun mobiles for an evening a week, be happy
- A new study has found that ‘time off’ exercise can even help improve a person’s performance at work
- People who can speak 2 languages are smarter
- Like us, spurned flies too drown grief in booze
- The way you type will be your pc’s password
- Us defense dept working on tech that allows you to log in straightaway, bypassing secret code
- Short cuts. ‘love for babies stems from your brain, not heart’
- Even 30 sec of combat can hit memory
- Men can’t think straight when women are around
- ‘macho’ gene makes men aggressive under stress
- A pill to extend life by 20 years? Gene discovery raises hopes of finding fountain of youth
- End game: ‘god particle’ sighting just got closer. New data suggests where higgs boson could be hiding.
- Birth of new hope. It’s safe to have baby after breast cancer.
- Study reveals women who become pregnant after diagnosis tend to live longer.
- Indonesian women colonized Madagascar.
- Dangerous high women spend 3 hours a week correcting chores done by men
- Teething trouble t-rex’s ‘killer smile’ decoded
- New discovery. Can’t stop eating? Blame ‘greedy gene’
- The x factor extra ‘girly’ genes boost male sex drive
- Daydreaming is good absent-minded kids more intelligent
- Healthy drink. Green tea can beat bad breath, cancer
- Womb woes. Obesity begins even before birth
- New insight. Eyes offer peek into brain health
- Killer bite ‘eating red meat could lead to early death’
- Short cuts. Promiscuous queens key to healthy bee colonies
- ‘the older we get the happier we are’
- Drug therapy . Lsd may help alcoholics give up drinking, says study
- Typing with left hand can make you sad, says study
- Humour in men is linked to aggression